Continuing the practice of showcasing all its activities and achievements for every month in one place, the open-source blockchain application platform Lisk released a list of the same for August 2020. Let’s catch a glimpse of them one by one.
1. Closing of Another Lisk SDK 5.0.0 Epic
August 2020 saw the closing of the epic Create Monitoring Plugin of Lisk SDK 5.0.0, thus taking its total to 12. Lisk SDK is a software development kit for developers for building blockchain applications on the Lisk Protocol.
2. Introduction of On-Chain Architecture for Lisk SDK 5.0.0
To modularize its Lisk SDK 5.0.0 code base for developers, Lisk added an on-chain architecture comprising 4 separate modules:
- DPoS to manage validators selection, and delegate voting, unlocking, registration, and punishment assets.
- aKey to manage validation of the signature and registration asset of the multi-signature group.
- Token to manage regular transaction asset and remaining balance.
- Sequence to manage transaction-related nonces.
In other words, these modules are split versions of schema definition, transaction processing, and block processing.
3. Release of Desktop Version Lisk 1.27.0Lisk released its desktop version Lisk 1.27.0, which it claims to be equipped with some exciting new features as well as improvements to the existing ones.
The enhancements include improved user-friendly design, a redesigned navigation menu, guest mode, and bug fixes.
4. Introduction of Lisk Codec
Another development was the introduction of Lisk Codec for developers with less requirement of blockchain space and network communications.
5. Development of Recurring Payment Projects
Its Recurring Payments project is based on a proof-of-concept blockchain application and supports recurring transactions.
6. Community Hero of August
Lisk selected one of its users, @minions, as the Community Hero of August for supporting its online community and community channels.
7. New Project for the Lisk Builders Program
A new project by Aldo Suhartono Putra called Collabolancer was added to the Lisk Builders program. The goal of the project is to create a decentralized marketplace for freelancers.
8. Ranked No. 1 in Developer Activity
List ranked first in the 90-day developer activity in the blockchain market by the cryptocurrency news resource Crypto Mode and cryptocurrency ranking website CryptoMiso.
9. Launch of Website for the Lisk Foundation
A new website was launched for the Lisk Foundation, which will provide developers and users with everything related to the Foundation Council. This non-profit is responsible for developing and promoting Lisk projects.
10. Introduction of Blockchain Technology in the Real Estate
With blockchain entering the real estate industry, Lisk will keep updating its users and developers with how the blockchain technology can be implemented in the real estate sector.